Are you good at organizing, indexing, document scanning, or data entry? We’re looking for you! The Local History and Genealogy Department has many opportunities to volunteer. Below is a list of on-going projects:
- Indexing obituaries and birth announcements from the Grand Haven Tribune
- Recording oral histories with local residents
- Transcribing oral histories
- Scanning documents and photographs for digital preservation
- Assisting with in-depth genealogy research (may require trips to the Ottawa County Administration Offices)
If you’re interested in volunteering with any of these projects, please stop by the Department to fill out a volunteer form. If you would like more information about the projects, contact us. We welcome your helping hands!