Give to Your Public Library
Find out how you can donate to make a difference and help us grow.
Direct cash contributions to Loutit District Library are always appreciated, secure, and easy through Stripe! Choose the amount you wish and help us stretch our budget. Add a note, if you wish, to tell us how you’d like to see your contribution used.
More Ways to Give
Have you thought of honoring or memorializing a cherished loved one with a gift to Loutit District Library? Each item purchased with the donation will have a gift plate placed in or on the item(s) purchased and will include the name of the person being honored or memorialized. What a great way to leave a lasting legacy!
This form can be printed and used to make a memorial donation. Drop it in the mail with your payment, or bring it by the library at your convenience. For questions about monetary donations, contact John Martin at 616-850-6912.
The Endowment Fund was designed to provide long-term funding support for the library’s legacy within the Loutit District Library service area. The endowed fund was established with the Grand Haven Area Community Foundation (GHACF) in 2001 and provides unique state tax benefits allowing donors to benefit greatly while gifting to the Library today, tomorrow, and for generations to come.
To make a donation to Loutit District Library through the GHACF, contact them at:
Grand Haven Area Community Foundation
One South Harbor
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Adopt-a-Book with The Bookman
Give the gift of books this season!
Adopt-a-Book is a holiday-giving program to help our permanent collection grow. Simply purchase a book from our designated wishlists and the book will be automatically donated to the library for the community to enjoy!
Two ways to participate:
1. Visit The Bookman from November 24 through December 26 to browse their designated display for this program. The Bookman will deliver your purchase directly to us!
2. Prefer an online option? Our library maintains an online Wish List at Amazon throughout the year.
Amazon Wish List
The library maintains an online Wish List at Amazon.com. This is a fast and easy method to donate to Loutit District Library:
Instructions to purchase through our Amazon wishlist:
- Select an item(s) from the options, place in your cart and check out.
- If you do not have an Amazon account, you will be prompted to create one at this point.
- Use Loutit District Library as the mailing address.
- IMPORTANT: Check the box for “Include a free personalized gift message” and enter your name and address to receive a receipt for tax purposes and to have your name placed on the bookplate. To have a bookplate placed in honor of or in memory of a loved one, add “In honor of X” or “In memory of X” here also. Due to space limitations, extra wording cannot be added to the bookplate.
Local History & Genealogy Department
The Loutit District Library’s Local History & Genealogy Department strives to preserve this area’s history. We maintain an archival collection that contains photographs, maps, documents, newspapers, and books. If you are interested in donating to the Local History & Genealogy Department, please download the Local History & Genealogy Donation form and email it or drop it off to Jeanette Weiden. If you have any questions you can contact her at 616-850-6925.
Cheapstacks Used Book Store Donations
Cheapstacks Used Book Store, which is operated by The Friends of Loutit District Library and located on the library’s lower level, accepts donations of new or gently used items during regular bookstore hours. In addition, donations can be dropped in the basket outside the Cheapstacks door if the bookstore is closed. All proceeds from book sales will be used to benefit the library.
The Friends of Loutit District Library request that no textbooks, Reader’s Digest Condensed Books, encyclopedias, or magazines (including National Geographic) be donated.