Give the gift of books this season!
A holiday giving program to help our permanent collection grow. Simply purchase a book from our designated wishlists and the book will be automatically donated to the library for the community to enjoy!
Two ways to participate:
1. Visit The Bookman from November 18 through December 24 to browse their designated display for this program. The Bookman will then deliver your purchase directly to us. Support a local bookstore and the library at the same time!
2. Prefer an online option? Our library maintains an online Wish List at Amazon throughout the year. Instructions to purchase through our wishlist can be found here.
Instructions to purchase through our Amazon wishlist:
- Select an item(s) from the options, place in your cart and check out.
- If you do not have an Amazon account, you will be prompted to create one at this point.
- Use Loutit District Library as the mailing address.
- IMPORTANT: Check the box for “Include a free personalized gift message” and enter your name and address to receive a receipt for tax purposes and to have your name placed on the bookplate. To have a bookplate placed in honor of or in memory of a loved one, add “In honor of X” or “In memory of X” here also. Due to space limitations, extra wording cannot be added to the bookplate.
Check out our Donate page for other ways to donate to the library. We hope you have a bright holiday season!
History of Adopt-a-Book
We currently have over 466 books on our shelves, specifically from this program. More have been adopted, but the program has been running for almost 20 years, and many of those adopted books have already worn out! During the 2022 holiday season, 66 books were adopted, which was up from 41 books in 2021. We love and appreciate all of the support we receive from the community every year.