Throughout the month of February, Loutit District Library once again encourages everyone to move beyond Random Acts of Kindness Day on February 17 or even Random Acts of Kindness Week (February 11-17) to celebrate an entire month of kindness and community connection!
It’s simple: Be Kind! Express kindness, whatever that means to you. Kindness Month is all about encouraging support within our community. Below are some general ideas for how you can share kindness:
- Talk to a lonely neighbor.
- Share your favorite book with someone.
- Praise a local business online.
- Donate used towels or blankets to a shelter or rescue.
- Let a senior go ahead of you in line.
- Leave a surprise note on a separate piece of paper in a library book.
- Donate to a food pantry.
- Share an uplifting song
Become a Library Sponsor this February. Sponsored items do not just include books this year! Choose from books, craft supplies, toys, library technology, and more. The items you choose to sponsor will replace dated, worn, or even lost/damaged items from another patron. Pick a heart ❤️ ornament from one of the lit birch trees and bring it to the Circulation or Information Desk; staff will be happy to assist you!
Can’t make it in, but still want to sponsor something? Click here to check our Amazon wishlist!
Want more ways to spread kindness and support our community? We will have an Essentials Micro-Pantry in our 4th Street entrance vestibule. Drop off essential, nonperishable goods for those in need. Essential items include, but are not limited to:
- Nonperishable foods (canned & dehydrated foods)
- Hygiene products (toothbrushes/toothpaste & soaps)
- Menstrual products (pads & tampons)
- Baby products (formula & diapers)
Leftover goods in the pantry at the end of February will be donated to The Momentum Center.
Thank you for your kindness!